Thursday, September 30, 2010

Using Removable Vinyl

Decorating My Laptop


Ok its not that I've run out of things to decorate around my house but I just had this weird urge to decorate the cover of my laptop. When I ordered my laptop I could have chosen from many different colors and custom designs - but for an extra cost, of course. So being the frugal person I am I passed on paying the extra money to trick out my laptop. 

I decided to jazz up my laptop. I could get some vinyl in fun colors and use my Cricut to cut a cool design. I ordered the vinyl from H&H Sign Supply. They have many colors and their prices are good. I paid $3.00 a YARD for the vinyl. You can also get a discount on your first order by entering FIRSTORDER in the code at checkout.

So here's the design I made out of white, silver, light purple and dark purple vinyl. I did make a slight mistake that was fixed easily. When I put the design on the cover of my laptop was closed. When I opened the laptop I discovered my birds were upside down if someone was to walk by and look at my laptop. Easy fix. I just turned around my little birdies and voila! Fixed. Be sure to get the removable vinyl or you may be stuck with your design for a long time.




button divider