Monday, October 4, 2010

Organizing Coupons

I'm not the best at clipping coupons but I try. I go in waves. I have months where I'll do really good at clipping my coupons and keeping the organized and then I'll have months where life just gets away from me and they pile up (see below). So since the weather is getting cooler I'm back to getting my coupons organized. Here is the system I use.


I use a three ring binder with tabs and divided inserts (these are just baseball card holders I bought at Target.) I also have a pencil pouch to hold my pencil and scissors.







I clip my coupons and organize them by categories. If I have to fold the coupon to fit in the divider I make sure the expiration date is visible. If not, I write it on the front of the coupon so I can quickly glance through the coupons to see which ones are expired.






 I don't subscribe to the Sunday newspaper (long story!) but will try to pick one up each week if I'm out. If not, there are several good coupon websites that I use.




Target 
(You can also received Target coupons through a text which is nice because you just show the cashier your text and they take the amount off.)


Also check your local grocery stores. Some have the capability of selecting your coupons online and adding them to your rewards cards.

The last tip I have is if you do spend the time organizing and clipping coupons don't forget to bring them to the store! I've done this several times and its frustrating! So now I keep my coupon binder in my car.




button divider

1 comment:

4snotacrowd said...

Just a note to share a tip. At ShopRite, if you forget a coupon, bring it next time to the customer service desk with your receipt. They will give you the cash that you would have saved. I don't know if there is a limit, but since I am not organized enough to do more than a handful of coupons every once in a while this has not been an issue for me. I have done it several times and it works. Thanks for your blog. It is great.