Monday, October 11, 2010

Fall Display

Fall Suitcase Display

Ok, I admit it. I'm not an Autumn person. I don't get all giddy when I see the pumpkins, cider and cornstalks at the store. To me its actually kind of depressing. To me, Fall means summer is over which leads to snow, cold and lots of layers of clothes. (You'd never guess I grew up in Minnesota!)

However, I can appreciate the beauty of Fall. I do like seeing the vibrant orange and red leaves on the trees. I do like seeing my kids get excited to put up Halloween decorations and picking out their pumpkins.

So when I decorate for fall I like to add subtle touches. A couple of pumpkins here and there. Some colored leaves left around. Here is an idea I got from my friend Carolynn at This Charming Life. I bought the suitcase at The Christmas Tree Shop but I've also seen them at Hobby Lobby. I put some fall pics in the frame. The leaves have a string of lights underneath which is a nice accent.









button divider

1 comment:

Carolynn said...

I love your suitcases! I think the lighted garland is a brilliant idea! Thanks for the mention ;-)!!!