Thursday, September 23, 2010

Shoe Locker

If you can't get rid of it --- hide it!


I have this area right inside my garage door where the kids come in and just dump their stuff. I know we all have it and eventually it gets to us. I didn't want to put any furniture there because it is a walk way and it would make the space narrower. However, since there is always a pile of stuff there anyway our walkway space would not change. So my plan would was to put a bench there that would at least hide their stuff and still have the same amout of space to walk through.
Let's face it if you can't get rid of the stuff then hide it!

This is phase one. I have another shelf that will go over the top I just haven't had a chance to work on it. I got the bench (its actually a tv stand) from IKEA. The kids had fun helping me put it together. (twice - of course I realized when it was
almost all done that I had one piece on backwards. Darn it! Oh yeah,
and you know it was the first piece I put together!)







Look at those dangle earrings! She's the best dressed handywoman!












button divider

1 comment:

Carolynn said...

The color of the bench is perfect with the slate floor! Love it!