Tuesday, November 2, 2010

30-Day Giving Challenge

Operation Christmas Child

My love language is giving so when I came across this challenge I didn't even have to think twice about accepting the 30-Day Giving Challenge. The holiday season is quickly approaching and this challenge is a good lead in to the real spirit of Christmas.

It's funny I didn't even know about the challenge until about 10:00 pm last night. But earlier that day I came across Operation Christmas Child and had already decided to participate by buying some dollar store items. I especially like this challenge because I can do it with my kids.

Here is more information on Operation Christmas Child. Basically its Christmas in a shoebox for the children in Africa. Can you imagine all your gifts to your kids fitting in a shoebox. And they are so thankful and love everything in it? Hmm maybe this would be a good lesson for my kids. 

I'll be posting updates on some of the ways I have been giving. Feel free to leave comments or suggestions of how you've been giving.


button divider

1 comment:

Carolynn said...

Just downloaded the info on Operation Christmas Child. Our family will be helping out! Thanks for sharing this great opportunity!