Sunday, June 6, 2010

"Margarita Influenced Wall Hanging"





No the heat has not gone to my head. I have not suddenly changed my decorating taste to "ethnic flair" or margarita influence.  This is the real reason for the new "wall decoration".



Yes that's right. The new wall decor is actually temporarily hiding an "oops". Hubby wasn't too careful taking down the Christmas decorations and accidentally ripped off the paint and drywall.  So as a quick fix (and probably under margarita influence) I decided to hang the sombrero and poncho on the wall. (Your probably wondering why I have a poncho and sombrero in the first place but I'll let your imagination take over for a little while longer!)

Since I had the floor redone I decided it was finally time to get rid of my
not-so-awesome wall decoration.



I found this great corner bookshelf at The Christmas Tree Shop (no, really its not Christmas stuff!) for only $60. I've been looking online for a while but didn't want to pay over $100.  Hubby tried to steal it for his pub but I won!  Had fun filling the shelves with items from IKEA, Christmas Tree Shop and Hobby Lobby!  And the best part is the picture on the wall is covering up the hole in the wall, but shhh, don't tell anyone!




button divider

No comments: